Why not to trust Cloudflare and what about 22.214.171.124
As seen on reddit. CloudFlare's 126.96.36.199 public DNS manually manipulates the .org zone for its users, setting a scary precedent.
This is a list I wrote about a year ago, but it's still accurate:
- It's not really free. It's like a drug dealer “First ones free”.
- Shared SSL certificates
- Forced to use Comodo for SSL. Comodo's CEO is a sleazebag.
- Can't use Let's Encrypt for SSL
- Can't use your own SSL
- Decrypts SSL traffic, breaking End-To-End Encryption.
- Cooperates with tyrannical governments
- Provides services to terrorists, child pornographers, and so on
- Has no “vetting” process for new customers
- Does not protect your website from hacking
- Doesn't provide any value to 99% of websites
- Cloudflare's CEO is an ego-maniac who believes he controls the entire internet.
More details on SSL decryption:
Keyless SSL requires that Cloudflare decrypt, inspect and re-encrypt traffic > for transmission back to a customer’s origin.''
By doing that, Cloudflare is violating the trust between users and server operators and making the SSL certificate itself worthless. A website cannot be considered “Secure” if the traffic is decrypted by a man in the middle.